As you may remember, last year I was invited to attend a new conference event for sex bloggers and erotica writers, called Eroticon. It took place in Bristol and was a fantastic day of panel discussions, presented sessions and workshops on many aspects of sex and how we can write about it better. The event was a huge success and so this year’s conference is bigger and better, taking place over two days in London… because organiser Ruby Kiddell just loves a challenge.
If it’s anything like last year’s event, Eroticon 2013 will be a wonderful place for networking with fantastic, creative and inspiring women. It may not be billed as a feminist event, but I’m pretty sure that most people there would self identify as feminist (whatever their gender) and it very much felt like a feminist-friendly space last year, so I thought it was worthy of inclusion in my Feminism Friday series. If you’re attending, do come and say hello if you spot me.
- Name: Lori Smith
- Twitter id: @lipsticklori (and sometimes @misslollypops if I’m feeling cheeky)
- Must attend Eroticon 2013 session: “Story telling in sex education” panel session with Dr Petra Boynton, Emily Dubberly and representatives from sexual health charity Brook.
- Bloggers you’d like to be trapped in the lift with: Assuming it’s a spacious lift… Molly Moore, Zoe Margolis, Amanda Jones, Harper Elliot and Ruby Kiddell. I know, I’m greedy.
- Erotic writer you’d like to write your life story: This is where I admit that I don’t read much erotica, isn’t it? I don’t have much time for it at the moment, sorry!
- Expected biggest fangirl / fanboy moment: I really hope I get to chat to Petra Boynton and Meg Barker. Anyone who gets the phrase ‘intellectual crush’ will know why this would be my fangirl moment.
- What keeps you awake at nights? An inability to leave the internet alone, unwritten ‘to do’ lists, and (sometimes) snoring.